Happy 2011, all! I see that I’m fulfilling my once-a-month posting quota, which is good, but one of my resolutions for this new year is to actually write more, since it provides a release for me and makes me happy. And instead of saying “so we’ll see what happens”, this time I’m saying: IT WILL HAPPEN. Just watch me. This is my year.
Other resolutions for the year include, but are not limited to:
- Move every day. Beyond just walking from my desk to the bathroom and back while at work, or from the futon to the kitchen and back where at home. Maybe I’ll have more solo dance parties, or maybe I’ll actually start taking regular advantage of that super cheap gym membership I have.
- Think positive. Because if I’m being completely honest, I usually don’t.
- Eat less Goldfish. Starting after I finish this massive carton sitting right next to me.
- Embrace my love of music again. I seem to have forgotten about it in 2010.
- COOK! I got lots of great cookbooks/food books for Christmas, so no more excuses about not knowing where to start. My parents got me the Betty Crocker cookbook, for pete’s sake. You can’t get any more basic and simple than that.
- Embrace winter? Okay, but only if the temperature stays in the 20s and 30s.
There’s a lot more, but I’d say that’s a pretty good list to start with.
I sat around for a long time today, creating a new blog and then deciding not to use it, and then revamping this one a little bit instead. Part of my inspiration for this blog-filled day was a newly discovered photographer/blogger named Kelle Hampton. She has the life I would love to have someday, complete with warm, sunshiney weather year -round, beautiful photographs, and fantastically adorable children. And, unlike many other people with similar lives and blogs, she doesn’t pretend to have everything down or that her life is perfection. And that’s the kind of inspiration I need to get me to the place I want to be. Because perfect I am not.
Anyway, check out her blog: http://www.kellehampton.com
I’m feeling very distracted as I write this, because I am playing my new Mason Jennings vinyl and I keep singing along with him instead of thinking about the sentences I am writing. Let me tell you: Mason Jennings singing “Your New Man”, a mug of green tea in my hand (side note: this is my mug, no joke) and the radiator gurgling and hissing in the background, filling the apartment with heat, is not a half bad way to spend an evening.
Finally, I just wanted to inform everyone that I had the best New Year’s Eve I have had in a long time. Lots of friends, music, a crazyloud bus ride, an English pub with a Beatles cover band, and a large slumber party at the end of the night. AND no one cried or got in a huge fight (as far as I know). I really couldn’t have asked for more. Here are some photos from the beginning of the night (I ditched my camera and let other people take pictures after we left the apartment):
Thanks to everyone to came. What a night.